About


Sunday, July 1, 2018

#TheCoriComeUp



I wasn't always the bundle of joy that I am today.

I've had a few bouts with depression, as most of us have. There is no simple solution. Depression is different for everybody. Personally I wrote a lot of poems, ate healthier, and poured myself into clubs and anything else to distract me mentally.

You have to learn how to focus all your self-doubt , boredom , and frustrations with life into something good. Making and completing goals is a great way to do this. Feeling like nobody needs you? Go volunteer at your local food bank. Feeling like your not smart enough? Pick something interesting and Google search until your an expert? Feeling like you aren't beautiful? Check out my DIY Spa Day article : https://takingcarewithcori.blogspot.com/2018/06/diy-spa-day.html .

No matter who you are though, you need to talk about it. I understand the whole "what happens at home stays at home" or "not wanting anybody in your business". But, nowadays you have plenty of options to seek help. You can talk to someone anonymously on line, call a hotline, talk to a mentor, talk to someone elderly. Personally, I feel more comfortable talking to someone who isn't my peer. Adults 40-60 have a lot more life experience than me and would provide way better guidance. Find someone to talk to that you feel comfortable with and respect. Somebody who you feel is admirable.

A few months ago, I was feeling pretty down so I reorganized my furniture. This gave my room a whole new set of vibes. As I focused on being more positive, I started to associate them with my new look. This may SEEM small but I feel way more comfortable now. I also bought some new clothes. A bit of a twist to my style left me feeling revived.

Everybody has a talent or a hobby. Perfect your craft! Feeling special will definitely provide you with a sense of purpose. Share your gifts with loved ones. The praise will give you some probably much needed validation.

Speaking of validation, let's talk about relationships. I'm all for making a new friend to add a little adventure to your life. But I'm just going to say it. A boyfriend / girlfriend is NOT the way to feel your void. You can NOT depend on a relationship to "make you happy". You need to love yourself before your capable of loving anyone. If you're depressed you need to be reevaluating your life and you need to be the most important person in your life. You don't have the emotional availability for anybody else. There's no way you can be the support system they need. You'll probably end up using them and draining their energy. You have to be selfless in a relationship. Meaning, you must have something to give.

The first step is acceptance. Accept that something isn't right and be determined to fix it. Now you must have faith. Have faith in whatever you believe in that there is a way and that you will overcome this. Work. It's not easy, nobody ever said it would be. Put all your positive energy into it and repeat some affirmations to yourself when you feel discouraged. "I will have a good day today." "I am going to make something out of myself."

0 comments:

Post a Comment